Communication Course Division
Training talents in the production environment and integrating it with live work, is the motto of the Communication Courses Division of C-DIT which came into being in 1995 with the launch of a one-year post graduate diploma programme in Science and Development Communication (DSDC). Besides DSDC, CCD conducts one year PG Diploma Programmes in Multimedia designing, E-learning, Animation Film designing and Broadcast Journalism. We are also conducting Diploma Courses in Digital Media Production and Web Design & Development and short term courses in Non Linear Editing, Videography, Anchoring, Photojournalism and Digital Still Photography.
CCD regularly conducts short term training programmes for colleges and universities as well as for professionals. It has well equipped class rooms, computer labs, digital cameras, and video cameras, shooting floor, non-linear edit booth, sound booths and photo lab, besides highly professional linear and non-linear production facilities for video film making, animation and new media.
Our long term vision is to become the leading training service provider for all forms of visual communication technologies including new media and to raise awareness and enhance learning among all sections of the society with the purpose of knowledge empowerment.
- CCD Courses – Conducts regular courses on Certificate course in still photography, Certificate course in Videography, Certificate course in non- linear editing, Diploma course in Digital media production, Diploma course in Digital Videography and Diploma Course in Video Editing.
- Corporate training for Govt departments-residential/non-residential media training programmes.
Head of the Department
Technology Extension Division
C-DIT understands the necessity of extending technology to tap the vast human resource of the State and help them translate their potential to bring about larger benefits for the State. The Technology Extension Division provides avenues to meet this requirement of the young populace in the State. Offering a rich gamut of courses through the C-DIT Educational Partners (CEPs) spread across all the districts is one of the major functional areas of this team. With the CEPs numbering about 300, CDIT holds the record of having the largest number of educational partners under any similar Government institution in the State. Apart from conducting and administering as many as 14 IT courses, the Team prepares quality course material required thereof.
The long term vision of the department is to become the leading education and training service provider using ICT effectively and to raise awareness of the benefits and uses of technology, and to enhance learning and teaching in all subject domains, thereby playing a vital role in building a knowledge society.
- Offers 30 IT and IT Enabled courses comprising Certificate courses, Diploma courses, Advanced Diploma Courses and PG Diploma Courses through CEPs (Educational Partners) across state
- C-DIT Associated Educational Programme (CAEP) in association with colleges affiliated to recognized Universities, offering add-on courses to the students studying in these colleges
- Tally Certification Programmes offered in association with Tally Education Pvt. Ltd.
- Undertakes corporate training ventures for specific target groups
Head of the Department
Sri. Ganapathy. G
Head of Administration
“Cybersri” is a unique e-inclusion programme organized by C-DIT jointly with Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe Department for providing training to engineering/IT professionals belonging to Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe in specialized areas in Information Communication Technologies. The project was formulated by C-DIT and sanctioned by SC/ST development department for implementation. The center started functioning on 20th April 2005 at C-DIT campus, Chitranjali Hills, Thiruvallam, Thiruvananthapuram.
We impart exclusive training programmes to SC/ST students to impart training in the area of IT and provide support so that they come to the forefront and are equipped to compete for key positions in the IT arena.
Its main objective is the manpower development of SC/ST students and to uplift the technical and soft skills of the educated SC/ST youths to the level of Global IT and visual communication industry by providing them industry incubation and implementing certified skills and global competences. It also enhances the career prospects of SC/ST youths.
- IT and Visual communication training to SC /ST youth with monthly stipend.
- Conducting Training in IT/CT area at Ambedkar Bhavan Centre, Mannanthala and Haripad Centre.
- Coordinating Support Engineers all over Kerala for E-grants project of STDD.
Head of the Department